January 08, 2013
Taking a look at Referral Maker
An integral part of being a Real Estate professional is keeping in touch
with leads. Heck, you can argue that there's little more that's important.
Having just been released in August, Referral Maker by Brian Buffini is one of the latest players in the Real Estate leads space. It's built on referrals. For Real Estate, word of mouth
is where it's at. Who can you count on to put in a good word for you? That's essentially what you're tracking here from the start of searching for a referral to the end of the sale.
What works about Referral Maker:
- Its ranking system based on the strength of a relationship. Each person that you have in your contacts can be ranked A+, A, B, C, or D depending on importance and the strength of the connection. Much like our bucket categorization, this triaging will ensure that you're not spending that much time on a weak lead when a stronger lead is potentially ignored.
- Goal tracking. It's pretty neat how in-depth the tool for tracking the sales your make is. Of course, it isn't going to replace accounting software, but it's a great way to see what the return is on each lead and referral.
- Quick ideas. Can't think of a way to get the ball rolling with one of your contacts? Depending on whether it's a phone call or sending a note, Referral Maker has a suggestion to get you started off on the right foot. I haven't heard of the "pop-by" before exploring the nuances of real estate, but it's a great way to begin an interaction with a lead with whom you haven't spoken to in a while.
What Contactually does better
The point of Contactually is painfully simple: staying in touch with contacts. And doing so will help you generate more leads, and, ultimately, more sales. We automate a lot of the process so that you can focus on what matters most to you: your business.
- Syncing automatically - Whether you use Gmail, Outlook on Windows, an IMAP, or an Exchange client, we support your email. Contacts are automatically added into our database.
- Follow-up generation - Again, this is part of our automation. You can set the parameters as to when and how often you want to contact a certain group of people (whom you will place in buckets), and we'll handle the rest. We'll let you know if it's been too long since you last contacted, we won't if it hasn't.
- Cost - When expenses are a factor, why not look for alternatives? Contactually is just as powerful, simple to use, and well over half the cost.