February 20, 2015
People have even more access to digital channels than ever before and every industry is facing the effects of that. In the case of this blog post, real estate, is definitely showing signs of a major shift from traditional channels onto digital ones.
Working with buyers and sellers every day, it's increasingly important to be omnipresent, especially since your clients are relying on your expertise on every digital channel. Over a year ago we came up with a list of 15 stats that every realtor must know, but we wanted to revamp that list to bring it into 2015 (Stats courtesy of, National Association of Realtors (Slideshow, and Whitepaper), Properties Online, Brian Buffini's Real Estate Report) and give you 5 more important pieces of data. As a bonus, each one of these stats is also tweetable!
1. 70% of agents have a website Tweet this Stat
2. Only 12% of Realtors have a Real Estate blog Tweet this Stat
3. 56% of Realtors use social media Tweet this Stat
4. 92% of Real Estate Agents prefer email in communicating with clients Tweet this Stat
5. 25% of Agents generate more than 50% of their business from repeat clients Tweet this Stat
6. 21% of Agents get more than 50% of their business from past clients Tweet this Stat
7. 88% of buyers would use their agent again or refer them to others Tweet this Stat
8. 84% of sellers would use their agent again or refer them to others Tweet this Stat
9. 92% of consumers trust recommendations from friends and family above all other forms of advertising Tweet this Stat
10. From 1981 to 2014, the top source for buyers and sellers finding realtors has been from referrals Tweet this Stat
11. 43% of Buyers find their home to purchase online Tweet this Stat
12. 42% of buyers were referred to their Realtor through a friend, neighbor, or relative Tweet this Stat
13. 60% of buyers Google their agent Tweet this Stat
14. 74% of sellers use social media Tweet this Stat
15. Over 88% of buyers expect a response from their Realtor within an hour Tweet this Stat
16. 49% of Realtors use technology to stay competitive with other Realtors Tweet this Stat
17. Over 80% of Realtors say that referrals are very important to their business Tweet this Stat
18. Realtors were viewed as a useful information source by 98 percent of buyers searching for a home Tweet this Stat
19. 92% of buyers use the internet in some way in their home search process Tweet this Stat
20. The typical home buyer searched for 10 weeks and viewed 10 homes Tweet this Stat
These stats shouldn't completely change your strategy; however, they may provide some insight into some techniques that you can use to tweak some of your campaigns. One thing to keep top of mind, as mentioned earlier, is to have the understanding that buyers and sellers are looking for you in multiple channels. Keeping in touch with them in their preferred method and building that relationship (especially on digital channels) can propel your business forward.