February 07, 2012
Have A More Productive Work Day
Do you ever find yourself restless at work? This could be a common symptom for inefficiency at work, as well as a less productive day. Here are some tips to help make your day more productive, and sustain an energetic mindset:
- Plan your day in the morning. By creating a schedule and a to-do list, you know exactly what to focus on for the rest of the day. By following your plan, you can have a much more efficient day in completing your work.
- Set short blocks of time to distract yourself from work. This would be the time to check Facebook, Twitter, personal e-mail, and just give yourself a break from work. By giving yourself a few short times to distract away from work, you will get satisfaction from not worrying about what else is going on in the world.
- Talk to your co-workers. Remember when people used to talk to each other, even though technology allows us to connect via all mediums that don't require any verbal speak? Engaging in conversation will be a good refresher for work.
- Ask questions to higher management. By gaining feedback on your work, you're able to make improvements in your work style by changing your approach to achieve a company goal.
- Keep a clean desk. Try to remove all the clutter that may be lingering around on your desk. This clutter will create distraction from you focusing on your work. Also, be sure to clear out old messages, post-its, and notes that have already been taken care of!
- Have a light lunch. You don't want to be a in state of "food coma" after lunch. By having a light lunch, you're not hungry but you're not full, so you are awake for the rest of the day!
- Stay organized. Make sure you are in sync with your calendar, and are managing your to-do list constantly. Make sure your smart phone has been synced with your computer to update you on the latest events, and reminders.
- Only keep important tabs open on browser. It's important to stay focused on your work by keeping the relevant tabs open in your browser. You don't want to have Facebook open while work (unless that is your work ;)) and then get easily distracted away from work.
- Manage your time. Time management is a huge issue for work productivity. It's important to stick to your plan for the day, and also utilize your one calendar to schedule meetings timely.
- Have all the right work tools. Make sure you are using all the right work tools to help make your work easier. Not only should you have them, but make sure you know how to use them efficiently to make everything easier.
We hope you will now be able to have a much more productive work day! Be sure to be constantly connecting with your contacts, and manage those valuable relationships! :)