March 16, 2012
Establishing an Online Presence
For small business owners, as well as growing businesses, it's important to establish an online presence. Over 5 billion people access the internet everyday; the internet is the best method of gaining exposure to the public. There are so many ways to engage with users, potential clients, as well people who can help grow your business. Here are a few tips to engage more interactions for your online presence:
- Comment on blogs, posts, and forums. Create your online presence by representing yourself with your company by offering your insight about topics relevant to your industry. By engaging with others via blogs, or forums, you're slowly building your online character to be reflective of who you are as a person, and expanding your network.
- Ask questions. Not only offer your insight, but also show your desire to learn more about a certain topic. There is always something new to learn about, and by interacting with others via social mediums, you're gaining new connections who can offer helpful advice to grow your business.
- Make suggestions. Offer your interest in a certain topic by requesting that a blogger write about it. By suggesting ideas, you have a higher chance of engaging in discussion with the blogger, as well as readers of the blog. Not only should these tips be used for blogs, but also for mainstream sites, such as Mashable, or TechCrunch, where you gain even a broader exposure to millions of readers.
- Get to know your community. Engage with your fans, and followers by understanding their inquiries, and needs. By getting to know your community of clients or customers, you can improve your services to help meet their needs. Knowing what the customer wants is very important for expanding your services as a business.
- Survey your users. Use social media to gain insight about your services, and gain feedback by distributing an online survey. By interacting with users and asking for their suggestions, your users will understand you're trying to improve as a business, and will continue to use your services. By satisfying your user base via internet, your business will thrive online.
These are a few suggestions you can use to help create an online presence amongst many different communities. Involve yourself with different sites, blogs, forums, and engage with your own users through social media, as well as email marketing. It's important to establish your online presence as credible, and trustworthy in order to portray your business as a successful business. What other ways do you use to help create an online presence?