Everyone wants their website to be frequently trafficked, and the most essential way to promote traffic is through utilization of search engines. But how do you get your website to show up on the first page of google rather than the last? Getting your web page or blog to show up at the top of search engines such as google, bing, and yahoo, is not hard to do, but it can be hard to know where to start. Here are 6tips for Optimizing your use of Search Engines so they send you the traffic you deserve!
- Create a great title tag. Make sure the title of you pages are filled with important keywords. Be careful not to overdo it, however. You don't want to scare away readers by obviously writing for the search engines. If you are on point and writing about your topic of interest, the important keywords will surface naturally.
- Learn basic HTML. Being able to edit the behind the scenes HTML codes is essential in bringing your page to the top of the google search engine. Knowing which codes are necessary and which are not will increase your rankings.
- Choose key words wisely. The words you think portray your company perfectly may not be the same words people are searching for. Use a tool like WordTracker to find optimal key words to put on your website. Choose a few highly targeted words or phrases to put on each page of your site. The less general, the better!
- Write 200-250 words of text copy based on your chosen keywords. This is crucial in getting your site to the top of search engines such as google because the search engine will use these paragraphs to classify your website. Use each key phrase multiple times within your copy to get the best results!
- Do not expect quick results. Getting highrankings takes time. Your ranking will most likely start out low, and working its way up the ladder will take time.
If you are still not seeing the results you think your website deserves, try tweaking the key phrases you are using or double checking your visible text. Learn to optimize your sites search-ability and eventually your labor will pay off!