At Contactually, our users and their safety are our first priorities.
Putting our users first means exceeding global privacy and data protection standards in order to keep important contacts and sensitive communications safe and secure. We set up our infrastructure and tools in a way that enables our customers to strengthen and leverage their important relationships when it matters the most, without having to worry about privacy concerns.
Our privacy promise:
- No one will access or read your emails.
- When Contactually connects to your email server, we pull only the minimum information required to build your network. We also don’t store your emails on our server.
- You own your data.
- We only share your relationship information with the people in your network.
- Control the contacts that you share.
- You choose which buckets of contacts to share with your team members.
- Contacts are private by default.
- Your contacts will only live in your address book unless you specify otherwise.
- Full control of your data: Contactually will never own or resell your data. Third parties will never have access to your data.
- Protect your relationships: Keep your private relationships private. Share only the relationships that you choose.
- No email content: Contactually never scans or accesses the content of your emails.
- Opt out service: Anybody can opt out of Contactually, after which we will delete all of your user data.
- Secure, encrypted data: Contactually stores all data in certified data centers and uses SSL to transfer information.
Does Contactually read or store my email contents?
No. Contactually only uses the header section of an email, which contains the From, To, CC, Date, and Message ID fields, to analyze your conversation trends -- much like reading the outside of an envelope without reading a letter’s contents. Additionally, we don’t store any of your emails on our servers.
How can I make sure that my relationships stay private?
As long as you put your contact in a private bucket, your relationship with that contact will always stay private.
Who has access to my data?
Your data is private to your company. Only your team members have access to the contacts that you’ve chosen to share with your team.
Who owns my data?
Contactually processes your data, but you owns and control your own data at all times. Contactually generates statistical relationship data about your relationships as part of our service.
Where is my data located?
Contactually uses Amazon’s cloud data services to store and process your data. Amazon’s data centers provide top-notch security and back up your data daily.
Does Contactually support global privacy frameworks?
Yes. We strive to provide our customers and their employees with the tools and controls required to meet global laws and frameworks concerning privacy.
I have more questions.
Don't hesitate to send us an email.